Click Here for ADA Accessible Format
Welcome to the Polk County Sheriff's Office News Room, where the Public Information Officers (PIO's) post all of the information that they release to the news media. PIO's act as liaisons between news media organizations and the Sheriff's Office. The PIO's routinely release timely and accurate information and Crime Stoppers bulletins, and respond to routine and "breaking news" media inquiries. News releases and Crime Stoppers information can be found on this page.
PCSO's full-time Public Information Officers are Brian Bruchey, Carrie Horstman, and Alicia Manautou. The Public Information Officers can be reached by sending an e-mail collectively at PIOs@polksheriff.org.
The recent news releases sent out by the PIOs can be found here, and archived releases (older than 2017) can be found here.
The Polk County Sheriff's Office is hosting a virtual (online) job fair on Tuesday, August 9, 2022, starting at 9:30 a.m. via ZOOM.
Here's the Zoom link: https://tinyurl.com/5fdk6pdc
Meeting ID: 865 4047 9700
Our Human Resources representatives will discuss the application process, answer your questions, and highlight the multiple positions available such as:
• Dual Academy Recruits – candidates become certified in law enforcement and detention; Stipend $3,000 monthly (approximately 8 months)
• Law Enforcement Academy Recruits – candidates become certified in law enforcement; Stipend $3,000 monthly (approximately 5.5 months)
• Telecommunicator – starting salary: $36,680 plus excellent benefits
• Detention Support Specialists – starting salary: $29,411 plus excellent benefits
• Detention Intake Records Specialists – starting salary: $31,592 plus excellent benefits
• Part-time Civilian positions – starting hourly wages: $10-$11.50
We have AMAZING benefits, such as: sick leave pool, health insurance including vision and dental, life insurance, educational reimbursement, employee assistance program, workers compensation benefits, and state retirement.
Click here to learn how to become a member and view our benefits package: https://www.polksheriff.org/about/become-a-member
To complete our application in advance visit:
We are an equal opportunity employer.